Bus Passes in England
Since 1 April 2008, everyone who is eligible for concessionary bus travel in England is entitled to free off-peak travel on all local buses anywhere in England. Local councils may offer further benefits to their residents, but these will only apply for travel in the local area, not everywhere.
What is 'eligible disabled'?
You are eligible disabled if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability - a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning, or
- would, if you applied for a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have your application refused under section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) on grounds other than persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol
This page was last modified on 6th December 2011 at 00:10